Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

With two exams to take this week, I've been inside all day despite the beautiful weather outside. While poring over the details of how the money markets work for my economics class, it has been silent for the most part so I can commit the points to memory. Recently however, someone has been playing the piano in the crossover, which I can hear from my room. Whoever he or she is, they are amazing. The pieces they play are complicated and dramatic - it almost feels like there should be an urgency to my studying (and yes, there is). I admire them. Though I may never meet them, I'm aware of how much skill is needed to make beautiful music; I used to play the piano when I was little. Along with the violin, I felt like I was musically inclined. I wished that I had had enough commitment at the time to continue so that I could sound like this person. Simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment